Wednesday, November 14

APPLYING SCHOLARSHIP

so.. it has been a long time i haven't updated this blog.. :P
well, too busy i guess.. ahaha.. but seriously..  0.0 life as an university student is FUN, but it is not easy!!
 you have to know your limits, control yourself, manage your time!! cause being a young, wild and free 18-years-old teenager and a student at the same time is very hard to do!!  
just imagine STUDY VS ENTERTAINMENT.. so hard to maintain the academic side huh?? :/

err.. okayy.. enough complaining.. :) so, its SPM season huh... GOOD LUCK SPM CANDIDATES!!
 hehe.. can't believe it was just last year i was sitting for it.. glad its over.. :D

well, after SPM you guys may enjoy a short 'merdeka' break.. have fun! be wild! enjoy your last year of being a 'budak sekolah' i'll say.. hehehe...

for them who are excited to continue to the next stage, you guys might planned on applying for scholarship to help you to further your studies.. there are many types of scholarships that you can apply for.. but..
make sure that you guys do some research on the company or organization that offering the scholarship..(e.g. MARA, JPA and others)


get to know the terms and conditions and also the requirements to apply.. so that you know which offer scholarship that you are qualified to apply for..

for MARA scholarship, there are 2 types : PRA-SPM(for MRSM students, using trial MARA results) and POST-SPM(open for any students, using SPM results)
 
for both of these scholarships, you will be required to write an essay to convince MARA to support your studies.
To make your life easier.. :)
 Below is an essay that i wrote when i was applying for MARA PRA-SPM scholarship... it is not that great but i hope it can help you as your reference to write your own essay...

my advice?
write sincerely, do not make up any stories, tell nothing but the truth..
and make it simple but do show them you are really interested and make them believe that you will appreciate their support by working hard to achieve success..
ohh.. and don't forget to show them that you have done your research on the course and university where you are planning to further your studies.. include your study planning :)

so.. here you go..



Given the name Izatty Lim, I was born at Hospital Beaufort, Sabah on 11th May 1994 and now aged 17 years old. I come from a family of 6, consists of my parents and 4 siblings. I am the eldest daughter of Danny Lim and Selistinah Serungin, followed by two brothers and a sister. Being the eldest taught me to be more a responsible person. I always give my very best in everything I do especially on my study as I am trying to be a role model for my siblings.

I started my first education at Tadika St Paul, Beaufort when I was 3 years old but I moved to Tadika Kung Ming, Beaufort when i was 6 years old as I wanted to learn Mandarin Chinese .I continued my primary study at SRJK(C) Kung Ming, Beaufort. Next, I had my secondary study at SM St Paul Beaufort until I receive an offer from MARA to continue my study at MJSC Kota Kinabalu on 2007. The first time I enter the school, I was very confused with everything that goes in that school as it is different than my previous schools but after a while I managed to adapt myself in this institute. Along the time I was in MJSC Kota Kinabalu, I have managed to be selected as a representative in many kind of competitions; either in sports or in academics stuff, such as Basketball State Competition 2009 and 2011, All-Malaysia MJSC Mathematic Carnival 2011, All-Malaysia MJSC Robofair 2010 and 2011. Moreover, I am also the vice president of Student Representative Council in MJSC Kota Kinabalu for the 2010/2011 session.  

Since I was a child, I looked at doctors like some kind of superhero. They work hard to save people’s life, to give people a second chance to live and spend some more time on this earth. I am a big fan of them. Looking at them working confidently with their stethoscope around their neck always make me excited. My desire to become a doctor became higher when my grandfather died of colon cancer, pneumonia and some other diseases in 2008. Once diagnosed with cancer, the doctor said that my grandfather had only a few weeks as my grandfather's cancer is at critical stage. It did broke my heart to hear those words from the doctor because if only there’s a cure for cancer of course I can still see my grandfather today. The last word from my grandfather was he wished to see me to make my family proud by becoming a doctor who is able to save the life of a person. Since then, I have promised to work hard to make the last hope of my late grandfather become true.

 I am aware that the journey to become a doctor is not easy but I believe that I am able to face all difficulties and obstacles with the support of my family. Besides, I believe all the hard work and times would be worth to spend if it is to save a one’s life. In addition, my interest on science subjects such as biology and chemistry also increase the confidence in me to take medical course for my further study and become a doctor one day. Through my view, working as a doctor is not just a job. It is a gift and also a responsibility as well. If an engineer’s job is to repairs machines, doctors do the same repairing job too. The only difference it that a doctor repairs alive machines, a doctor repairs human. That’s a very big responsibility there.

I have carved my path to become a doctor. I have done well in both of my academics and co-curricular activities to achieve my ambition. I have done well in my Trials SPM Examinations and qualified to participant in the SPC programme. At Taylor’s University, I am interested on the Foundation in Science programme. Upon successful completion of the Foundation in Science, I am planning to pursue my study at Taylor's School of Medicine. I am also looking forward to continue my study in overseas university especially at University College Dublin (UCD) in Ireland that mainly expert and focus on medical courses. My dream is to be a cardiologist.

For me, heart is a very important organ in our body. It is the central organ of the circulatory system which act as a force and suction pump in relation to the blood vessels. It directs blood to the lungs to be oxygenated, then around the body to help human being to function by sending oxygen to each of the cells inside our body. I am very interested to learn more about heart and circulatory system, that is why I wanted to be a cardiologist.

With MARA scholarship, I hope it can reduce my expanses to take medical course at Taylor’s University. Studying at Taylor’s University sure will get me one step closer to my dream. I would be very grateful to be accepted in such a great university and promised myself to work hard to achieve great results in my studies. I will try hard to achieve my dream to become a doctor with the name Dr. Izatty Lim.   




 

 ALL THE BEST :)

No comments:

Post a Comment