Monday, April 16

REALITY :)


When I first heard about the community service that we have to conduct as our Islamic study project, I was very excited. I remember the last time I participated this kind of activity was on 2009. Before we conducted this project, our group first made a group discussion about the project. We decided to conduct this project at Raudatul Ikhwan. This place was a home for the girls aged 16 and below who have lost their parents or have family problem. I was egger to lend a helping hand to these girls.

Around 9 o’clock in the morning, we started our journey to this home. At the beginning of our journey, we already faced some difficulties. The night before we start our journey, we already made some research on the routes and the bus that we will take to get to go the place. However, we faced problem when the bus driver cheated on us. He didn’t drop us on the right place. We have to wait for another bus. It was a long journey before we get to the community house but when we arrived there, seeing the smile on their face, I know it worth it.

The first activity was the ice breaking session. I was so shock to hear that some of them were the form 3 student but they would not take the PMR exam. Besides, some of them already aged 16 years old but still didn’t have the confidence even just to introduce themselves. In my opinion, it is a bad thing. I was informed that they cannot stay in that community house forever. They have to move when they reached 17. I was wondering how are they going to survive in this challenging world if they can’t even speak for themselves. This makes me think how lucky am I to born in a loving family, to be educated since I was a child. I also realized the importance of gaining as much knowledge as we can to secure our future. For me, education is a way to improve ourselves. Nobody in this world can take knowledge from you.

Another thing that makes me appreciate what I have is when I see them having their lunch in a tray. They served us nicely but they, themselves, sharing their lunch in a tray while we were having our lunch in a plate. I was so touch to see how they are willing to sacrifice themselves just to give the priority to us as the guests in their house. I also felt a bit shame that it seems like they were the one who were conducting the community service. I always respect them as they were still applying the moral values in their daily life even if they were in the middle of hardship themselves. They act so differently compared to some rich people who is usually be so proud of themselves and their richness and they never portraying any moral values like respecting others, being polite and also being humble.  

The rest few hours we spend our time playing games with them and sharing our life experiences. We also spend some time teaching them mind maps. I enjoyed watching how excited were them learning mind maps. Besides, I am also happy that we were able to share some knowledge with these kids.

Overall, I am very satisfied with our project. I have learned a lot from this community service project. This project gave us the chance to see the other side of this world. From this project, now I know that not everyone in this world is as lucky as we are. Some of them do not have a place to call home, some of them even starving and crying for food, but us, who have all these things that they don’t, never really appreciate what we have. Sometimes we like to complaint everything that we have is not perfect, not enough or maybe not like what we have expected. From my point of view, this unsatisfied feeling isn’t wrong for us to have, but it is a must for us to appreciate what we have and be thankful to Allah for His Rahmat. Maybe we can use this “unsatisfied feelings” as the booster for us to improve ourselves to be a better person. Either we realize or not, we are actually surrounding by a lot of wonderful thing showing how much Allah love us. It is us that sometimes didn’t take a chance to actually see Allah’s bless for us. 

(have some problem transferring picture during this project. will upload it later)

wait a..... 

I don't know why but while writing this blog I remember of someone telling me that everything happens for a reason

This girl > Norfaezah Suhaimi <


 She really believe in this statement. As i go through with this life, i now know that its true. No matter what happened to us ( either it is a good thing or a bad one ) there's a reason for it to happened to us. Sis, i know that biologically, we are not related at all. But please know that for me you already like my big sis that i never had :) . You teach me that no matter how hard the world knock you down, you can always get up back and try harder to succeed. The choice is yours. Always been yours. Your are the only one that can decide. You have proved it Sis, really. I don't have to mentions all the things that you have been through right, you know it yourself. Just wanted you to know that you are really that amazing. Thanks to you, i learned to never give up on myself. I learned to believe that hope is always there when we really DO believe. And here I am, in Taylor's university, taking foundation in science, hoping to further my studies on MBBS (medicine for my degree) , dreaming to become a doctor. Thanks a lot, really. I always keep your words in my mind. Im writing this as an appreciation to you for always be there for me. And I wish all the best for you in your studies too. Hope someday we'll made it to open a clinic together a... hehehe.. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment